MCC vs Destiny (psst, Malagate) (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, December 10, 2018, 13:46 (1957 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

What the hell has Bungie done with the PvP experience!? It went from "Yay, grab your party hat" to "ok...get your sweat rag."

I found this interesting... I'm totally on board with the sentiment of your post. But in this one regard, my experience is very different. Specifically, I always found Halo multiplayer to be just as sweaty as Destiny. Is it just me?

Also, I've been thinking a lot lately about Halo multiplayer, and what made it so different from Destiny PvP… I keep coming back to friendly fire. The ability to blow up not just myself, but my teammates as well was a constant source of comedy. Heck, I made an entire montage series dedicated to it :)

Aside from the laughs that it provided, there is something to be said for the tactical considerations that come along with the ability to harm your teammates. I can't help but wonder if the rampant super-spam and heavy weapon BS that so often dominates the crucible would be reigned in to a degree if players had to worry about team damage. I know there are plenty of downsides that go along with enabling friendly fire, but I'd love to try it in Destiny, out of curiosity as much as anything.

I get where you are going, and it would be fun for a couple games, but so many supers would be rendered useless in the small spaces. I would basically stop being a Titan.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread