He read iOS (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 11:26 (1953 days ago) @ kidtsunami

FWIW, I did too :p

Now that WOULD totally suck :-p

Nahhhh, you don't need to use your fingers, you just use the accelerometer/motion controls to move everything! Easy and responsive!

One legitimate criticism I do have of the game is that it limits you to firing in 8 directions. We live in a world of analog sticks now. Especially when you lock position you should be able to fire in any direction the precision of the analog stick allows. I mean, even earthworm Jim on the genesis let you fire in 64 different directions…

Constraints are a large part of game design and I imagine that they carefully decided to go with 8 directions for a reason.

Possibly, but it feels archaic. I have always thought a run and gun that decouples aiming from movement would open up so many possibilities:

Left stick to move. Right Stick to aim. Trigger or bumper to fire / jump / special. The ability to finely tune the directionality of the shots independent from movement could create some really cool challenges. Imagine having to simultaneously dodge boss shots while threading the needle and shooting a narrow weak point.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread