Ohhhh. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 14:31 (1961 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Cody doesn’t have an Xbox, as far as I know. Probably doesn’t matter for Cuphead, as I think it runs fine on Xbox, but there’s also performance considerations for playing on a computer. A controller works just as well there as it does on console.

Yeah, I can see the performance side of things, but I feel like the amount of people who have really nice computers but still use controllers are so far in between. Like most people who spend a lot of money on a computer are usually the ones who don't want anything to do with console people :D

I have an Aurora R6 1070, but I can't stand KB/M. Makes my wrists hurt, and finger placement is so uncomfortable. Plus, movement is far less precise on it compared to an analog stick due to pressure-based input (and games like cuphead demand precision!), and the more fluid movement of an analog stick versus a mouse's jerky movements.

When I play PC games, I use Steamlink in the Living room tv (glawrious 4k!) using an Xbone controller (DS4 is occasionally wonky thanks to limited Big Picture support).
My brother has a 1080Ti rig, and the only things I've seen him play on it with KB/M is Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2. He says he prefers controllers, but he isn't bothered by KB/M like I am.

That said, high refresh/framerates cause too much strain on my eyes, so console gaming is far more ideal regardless of input, so even Xbox Play Anywhere titles are pretty much exclusively played on console, but that's just me being old.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread