XD (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:02 (1960 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It just dawned on me how the book got destroyed...

Yeah, only a Titan would Fist of Havoc a book in his hand.

And the way that the "helmet stayed on" encounter is read has always bugged me. People want to make the carnal insinuation; but I think it's a more deft touch at play, so to speak.

The entire flipping point of that bit of lore is his voice. That's the turn-on. That's why she summoned him. That's also what makes it so funny; because disrobing wasn't necessary.

But people are going to interpret and run with it how they see fit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~m

Yeah, I took that line as implying that nothing... physical... happened betweeen them. At least not on that occasion. But it did also imply something beyond formality between them. I like how they handled it :)

Same here. And yeah, I really love the lowbrow-ruffian/regal-and-aloof contrast between them. He's the closest thing to a bro that there is in Destiny, and she hangs out in what amounts to an ivory tower.

Not to mention the fact that it's all supposed to be on the DL. Like, are they FwB? Or something more? There's obviously some regard she has for him, despite the disdain she generally holds Guardians in. Maybe they'll throw us a bone eventually and confirm he's the last Tigerman. But I've really enjoyed their, uh, discretion.

On a related note, I have no idea when Shaxx became my favourite Destiny character, but holy crap am I fond of him. He’s so cartoonish, but in a way that really clicks for me. I love his “NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT TO DO” line, followed by him doing what she asked, but going above and beyond (by reciting it from memory for her).

I really liked that too. I guess I'm of two minds about him. I preferred back in D1 when it felt like you really had to earn his praise. It made it that much better when you really got him riled up. Now he just pops off left and right. It feels a little...cheaper to me. And in a certain way it's harder to respect him. But it is what it is.

On the other hand, I was really surprised at the beginning of D2 to see him ingame, protecting innocents while we moved on through the wreckage of the tower. And that moment (all 20 seconds of it) has stuck with me more than most other moments in the story. We really need to see the characters we spend the most time with in action in the world. At this point, I'd wager I experience more dialogue from Shaxx than the rest of the Vanguard.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread