It was coffee. Coffee destroyed the book. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:34 (1953 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

It just dawned on me how the book got destroyed...

Yeah, only a Titan would Fist of Havoc a book in his hand.

And the way that the "helmet stayed on" encounter is read has always bugged me. People want to make the carnal insinuation; but I think it's a more deft touch at play, so to speak.

The entire flipping point of that bit of lore is his voice. That's the turn-on. That's why she summoned him. That's also what makes it so funny; because disrobing wasn't necessary.

But people are going to interpret and run with it how they see fit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~m

"I can recite The Tempest by heart." And he did. Mara sat and listened. They stayed for a long time.

The helmet stayed on.

Everyone finished that last sentence with ".. this time." and you know it :D

Punctuation and visual spacing matter. In my reading, if they had not started a new paragraph there wouldn't be as much interpretive room for a carnal reading of the sentence. However, like the way a comedian gives aural space and subtle tone differences to the punchline of a joke, a new paragraph was added for this sentence. This emphasizes the words in a way that suggests the words shouldn't just be skipped over and that opened the door for interpretative ambiguity. The writers knew what they were doing and I think they intentionally didn't spell it out so that each person's head cannon has space for what they think happened.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread