Holy Balls. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 07:39 (1906 days ago) @ unoudid

Shoulder charge wasn’t super hard to counter in D1 if you were aware they were around. A good shotgun (when the Spec Ammo economy made sense) or a quick charging fusion was all you needed. If they had a Sniper instead, a body shot and a seap to a primary, or even just a primary if the Titan wasn’t good at using the map to their advantage, and you could clean them up.

The reason it was an issue in D1 (and I would say that Jugger-shotgun was way worse than Shoulder Charge) was definitely it being always available. Now you can have that in D2, you just have to choose to lean in on a specific exotic. And slightly behind that was a) more reliable hit detection and b) more aggressive attack magnetism. I basically never bounced off anything with a shoulder charge in D1. Do it all the time in D2.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. The reason why people hate it is because they are on the receiving end of a 1 hit kill mechanic they aren't using. They don't understand how difficult it is to use without dying.

I'm excited to have TLW back to counter shoulder charging Titans.

With the prevalence of shotguns, you don't need TLW :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread