Shattered Throne Pro Tip (Vorgeth Loadout) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 25, 2019, 11:39 (1888 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

During my last solo run, I went into the Vorgeth battle (Ogre Boss) using the loadout I was familiar and comfortable with; Threat Level, Subtle Calamity, and Sleeper. I like using Subtle Calamity in that room because it is very effective against the void-shielded Wizards, and bows in general are great for dealing with all the long-range snipers and Goblins in that room.

It occurred to me that Le Monarque might be even more effective than Subtle Calamity, particularly when it comes to dealing with the Wizards (my thinking being that the damage over time from Le Monarque would interfere with the Wizards' shield recharge, as well as doing more overall damage per shot). My worry was that I'd have to give up using Sleeper in my heavy slot. But then, I started to think that might not be so bad. While Sleeper does great damage against Vorgeth, it is always a struggle to juggle between hitting the boss with it, switching weapons to deal with the taken bolts he shoots out, and reloading both weapons. I spent more time during each damage phase reloading than actually doing damage. Then it occurred to me that Hammerhead might be a nice alternative. That way I could use 1 weapon to hit the boss and block the darts, and reload less often. Plus it is void, so if I needed an extra punch against the wizards, it would be useful.

So the next time I ran through Shattered Throne, I tried this loadout (Le Monarque and Hammerhead) and it worked beautifully. My friend Dr Bo just tried it himself today during his solo/flawless run, and it worked very well for him too (he used Breakneck in his primary slot).
So it seems like a good combo that might be worth trying if you're struggling with that encounter.

TL;DR

Le Monarque + Hammerhead = bye bye Vorgeth

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread