Just some thoughts, good and bad, about current Destiny. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 22:24 (1867 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yep. I pretty much agree.

I'd be more ok with the power level increases if the content followed the average player's increase more closely. I split my time between my Titan and Hunter so far, but even if I hadn't I think I could have only gotten into the 660 range with the time I had available... and yet Bungie is dropping 680 content on week 2... Yes, it's not nearly as bad as Black Armory's stupid power level brick wall, and I did enjoy running the quests to bring my hunter up to 640, but it's still a bit depressing to see content I won't realistically even try for another few weeks.

And yeah, on the bright sides, this season has been one of the best in terms of features and content. There's not a ton of new stuff outside of Gambit Prime, but I like the smart reuse of missions and areas to get some more playtime out of some of the fantastic landscapes. It helps that this season is really packing in the lore. Black Armory had some lore, but Season of the Drifter's is just more interesting and it reaches far back into Destiny's past (the Drifter has been around since the Dark Age right after the Traveler saved humanity) and is exploring the present tensions in The City, too.

Plus, the Allegiance Quests are both fun, and Gambit Prime is a nice refinement to Gambit, and the Thorn quest is long but enjoyable unlike some past quests that were shorter but annoyingly difficult. (It's gonna take a lot of non-void, non-precision-streak, The Last Word kills to past the Crucible step for Thorn, though... I got 29 in my first game and earned a itty bitty 4% towards the goal!)

And, it sounds like there's still some good stuff coming. Finding Xûr each week looks like it will be Mara Sov level interesting with lore and insights. There's still the mysterious Arc Week coming. And whatever the Revelry is. The way the content and quests have spread me around Destiny's gameplay and worlds without being too drawn out or annoying is really good this season. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread