GTA Online (Spoilers) (Gaming)

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Sunday, October 06, 2013, 20:29 (3852 days ago)

I hope everyone reading this has had the pleasure of playing the newest Grand Theft Auto game, because it is amazing in many ways. It is obviously the grandest open-world game yet released. No game has had so much detail spread across such an area. This makes GTA Online an incredible experience, being able to share in this huge land with 16 people at once. The server issues have all but ceased (for me) so I have been able to log 15 hours into just online. Saying that, it feels like I still have so much to do!

It is impossible for me not to compare everything to Destiny, so here goes:

-The 'seamless' matchmaking: not the same to how Bungie has described what they are going to do, but as you play on one city (server), players will come and go freely, leaving to do jobs alone or with others, and coming back to freeroam. This is like Destiny campaign missions where it is just you and your fireteam deep in a dungeon, then when finished and getting back into public space, you will run into others.

-GTA is very much a game of spectacle, based around pivotal and memorable moments that make the players' jaw drop. Rockstar shows us some through the story, like the epic gun battles against private armies or insane heists of banks and tankers. But the sandbox is so broad and refined that the most memorable moments for myself have been ones not pre-recorded. Jumping your shot-up getaway vehicle over ten lanes of traffic and perfectly squeezing through an alley to escape, or flying a helicopter with three friends with rockets...sorry. This kind of thing is what will make Destiny a replayable game. Crazy moments that could NEVER be replicated, and shared with your fireteam or whoever was lucky enough to witness.

-The options: In the online version of GTA, one can play deathmatches, races, a wide variety of missions, play sports to boost your stats, or screw around in the sandbox robbing gas stations. There is a gamemode for every mood (heard that before?)

-The character's customization: the main objective of the online version is to get money and respect to be able to buy a pretty huge amount of clothing, vehicle, and housing options. I haven't seen two players that look anything alike yet. You can even pick your character's grandparents!

Sorry that was so long, but i have to recommend it. Feel free to add

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread