GTA Online (Spoilers) (Gaming)

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, October 07, 2013, 18:30 (3853 days ago) @ Axelrod vK

I was finally able to start playing on Saturday morning. I spent a lot of time in the online mode as well. I'll add my random thoughts:

I hope that Destiny has co-op zones that support 16 players. (And I hope the City can support many more concurrent players!)

The graphics are incredible, particularly the lighting with the day/night cycle. A thunderstorm came up and I heard a thunderclap in surround sound as lightning lit up the night--very cool. On top of that, the attention to detail is consistently impressive throughout the enormous world.

I enjoy doing the smaller co-op missions, the 1-2 or 1-4 player ones that usually seem to revolve around stealing cars for Simeon.

I also think the mission voting system is very cool. After you perform some non-freeroam play with a group, you get to vote on 6 random game experiences, like race, deathmatch, objective, etc. You also get the option to refresh the 6 or go back to freeroam. This reminded me of the Reach voting sequence but with many more options.

I love the fact that you get your own vehicle with a tracker. I spend a good bit of money on ammo, even more on dying. I bought the cheapest garage but later found out you can only own 1 property at a time--which was disappointing.

Most sessions I'm in stay full of players, or very near the 16-player max.

Other than the initial bugs the game is very smooth and I have run into very few glitches.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread