Some questions (SotD, Xur, Shadows, The Nine) (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 11:38 (1861 days ago) @ ManKitten

And the Traveler is a truly interesting case, an entity that has been anthropomorphized considerably both in and outside the game. When speaking of what the Traveler "wants", I like to keep in mind it may not be capable of "wanting". It may not be sentient at all. Maybe it feeds on the energy of sentient beings, and excretes paracausal phenomenon which would then tend to attract and grow the nearby food source.

Could The Traveler even just be a tool? it's not an entity at all. It's a scanner for someone....like The Nine. In Xur's quest cut scene she mentions [paraphrasing] we are the third entity like they've seen. The Nine has sent the Traveler all over looking for that special race or entity that can help their cause. The Fallen were tested and failed. The Cabal were rejected. Humanity has shown to be intriguing. With the Drifter's ability with the Taken. Our Guardians wielding it's light "properly."

From earlier posts in this thread, now it sounds like The Nine are potentially interested in becoming physical beings?

I'm suspicious of The Nine and think they will ultimately become the threat in the Destiny Universe.

All the races seem to have intertwining stories at this point that involve the Taken Realm. Now that humans can fiddle with it, all the pieces The Nine need are falling into place.

I honestly could see the Cabal, Vex, and Fallen side with use against a bigger threat. I can't really see the Hive ever siding with anyone.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread