How do I use Golden Gun effectively in PvP? (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 14:27 (1855 days ago) @ Oholiab

I run one character, and I've only unlocked one on the new subclasses. I can run Blade Barrage or Golden Gun. I find that I can use either one effectively in PvE, and I have REALLY enjoyed the update to Golden Gun that allows me to fire as many times as possible so long as I'm getting kills (within the time limit).

PvP is a different story. In the Crucible, one of two scenarios typically plays out:

1. I pop my super and get killed during the animation before I get a shot off.

2. In order to prevent the first scenario, I pop my super early, hoping to surprise the enemy that's just on the edge of my radar, only to have the time-to-super run out before I close the distance and find the enemy.

I wish I were joking when I say, yeah, that's generally how it goes with Gold Gun. It's such a recognizable sound that anytime you pop it, everyone runs. Or as you said, the animation takes SO LONG, that you're dead before you get to shoot.

I go back and forth between golden gun and spectral blades. When using golden gun, I use the 3 shot mode just to have the longer duration. It usually seems like at most, I'll get 2 kills out of each GG because everyone runs away, so 6 shots is unnecessary.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread