General gun choices (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 01, 2019, 10:57 (1814 days ago) @ Kermit

I thinking that a long session with DBOers might be a good way to experience the latest stuff, and to see what happens level-wise. Any guidance and advice about maximizing my time would be welcome. If there are weapons that seem necessary (especially for raiding), I'm up for advice on that, too.

Personally I think that Destiny is in a good place where there aren't many "needed" guns anymore. Whisper is always good for boss DPS, but it's no longer so far ahead of the pack that it's essential. For raids, my go to for any encounter is Thunderlord. If you can't spare the Exotic, just go for a machine gun. If you don't have another one, my personal favorite right now is DARCI because it hits bosses hard still and it has enough ammo that you shouldn't be afraid to use it on non-bosses.

Other than that, do what feels good to you. There are very few "trash" guns in my opinion and if you are using one out of 3 then you are still pretty set.

I'm sure there are others that think otherwise ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread