Death Stranding Trailer (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 14:04 (1794 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 14:08

This looks interesting. I’ll definitely be playing it. It definitely looks like they’re making good use of the Decima engine.

Surprised this is launching so soon. I wonder if it might end up being a smaller game, as opposed to the sprawling MGS V (which I’d be totally okay with). Or maybe they’ve just been working their asses off to get it made.

It's been in active development for three years (about as long as MGS V was), and they started with a fully-featured game engine, which I imagine saved them a ton of work (though it looks like Koji and Guerilla have been hard at work on the engine since their partnership started in 2015. Notice the Frozen Wilds-esque snow deformation?). So yeah, while most Sony games seem to have a five year dev time, a lot of that is, I imagine, engine work.

While I'd be fine with a smaller-scale game (Lord knows there's enough open-world games in the market), it might be a sprawling world after all. The tool kit (and vehicles) seems to imply a ton of freedom, and the variety of environments also seems to hint at a huge scope. What if it's level-based open world akin to Uncharted 4's latter half, I wonder?

I dunno. I was sold on Kojima's name alone, and while an unhinged and completely-in-charge Kojima is an interesting experiment, I've no doubt at the end of the day that people will be talking about this game for a long time after they're done with it, and I'm stoked to ride on those discussion boards. Plus, the gameplay itself looks hugely promising for MGS V stealth fans.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread