They made this update for me (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 30, 2019, 22:25 (1786 days ago) @ Claude Errera

30% buff to Loaded Question, Sturm and Drang buffs, Revoker doesn't require hitting Fabled. Thanks Bungie, I am officially excited.

Heh. "Revoker doesn't require hitting Fabled" - true enough, but it requires many, many more games than previous pinnacle weapons.

Theoretical minimum number of games to earn Recluse: 15 (or 16, if you don't count on the first week's play bonus)
Theoretical minimum number of games to earn Revoker: 27 (or 28, without a one week play bonus)

Yes, those are straight win streaks, and most people play many more games than that because they lose... and losing doesn't count against the Revoker total... but it'll still be a lot more games, I bet.

I haven’t crunched all the numbers, but my sense is that if a player has something close to a 50/50 record in Comp, hitting Fabled probably takes somewhere close to 40-50 games (based on this current season’s point system). I’m sure I’m a bit off there, but I suspect that for the majority of players, this new requirement will be a bit faster to attain. Although, as you point out, it will almost certainly be slower for the top-tier players.

Either way, I’m really excited about this change. While winning multiple games in a row is still the fastest path to earning the weapon, losses will no longer carry the sting of sending me backwards. This simple little change could make the comp playlist far more enjoyable for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread