Luna’s Howl has been straight-up murdered (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 12:32 (1778 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I don't play competitive that often, or even PvP for that matter. I also don't consider myself a terrible PvP player, but nothing is more annoying than rounding a corner and getting two tapped and dying before I can even respond. It brought be back to the days of D1 sniper fest where you couldn't contest. Yeah, I'm sure it takes skill, but it also kills the game for others.

I totally think it deserved a nerf, I'm honestly sorry it got nerfed the way it did. And maybe I would feel differently if I had it, but being on the receiving end as much and as often as I have without having a fighting chance just felt bad. I hope they make it more fun for you in the future.

P.S.
I'm not trying to say that your experience is wrong by any means, I'm just putting up another experience on the other side.

I don't have Luna's (though it's a good bet I'll earn it this season). I definitely die to it in Crucible... but I agree with Cruel, it's not unbeatable. (I win a significant chunk - maybe less than half, but not much less - of 1v1s where they haven't already proc'd Magnificent Howl with my combination of Blast Furnace and Jotunn. (Even when I don't win, Jotunn can often give me a trade instead of a direct loss.)) I feel like it's (it WAS) a pinnacle weapon... and as such, SHOULD be better than what it's facing, at least somewhat... otherwise, what's the point of a pinnacle weapon quest in the first place? (That's a different argument; if you think that the rich shouldn't get richer, and there's definitely an argument to be made there, then don't provide a pinnacle weapon quest for PvP at all. Why let people who are good enough to successfully complete the challenge of the quest have something that puts them even FURTHER in front?)

If you accept the idea of a pinnacle weapon to strive towards, though (and I do), it seems unreasonable (to me) to make that weapon no better than the stuff you can earn through RNG.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread