It's absolutely malice. (Gaming)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:01 (1754 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And I'm pretty sure movie credits are there as part of union agreements. They have to be in a certain order, certain people get their own screen, while others might share a screen, while others are in the scroll. Is the video game industry follow the same model?

There are credits in non-union movies too. And in games, which have no unions. There are playbills for theatre. Photo credit for photography. The author is listed on the book cover. Songwriters are listed in album inserts. It is just the decent thing to do.

Placement and order of credits is largely determined by your contract, not unions. The DGA does have a few rules with regards to credits.

Outside of that, the remaining 99.9% of the worlds workforce don't get "credit" for the job they do. Their efforts are under the name of the business. At my job, I create pretty much all of the publicly viewed media but I don't get any public credit for it...I get a paycheck. That's how a job works.

Your job doesn't seem to be in the arts then… because in the arts the norm and expectation is to recognize the people who contribute.

Fair enough :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread