E3 Megathread *OT* (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 18:44 (1780 days ago)

E3 is here, and I just want to take about it a bit. Lots of cool stuff this year. I'll put the trailers at the bottom.

Let's get the easy stuff out of the way first. Microsoft confirmed Scarlett coming for the holiday next year. 4 times more powerful than the One X, apparently. I'll be eager to see it in action, along with whatever Sony does, along with both Stadia and Microsoft's streaming stuff.

We already have a thread about the Halo trailer. While I would have loved to see some gameplay, it was a cool tone piece, and I came away pretty optimistic. Unlike some, it's been long enough for "just more Halo" to be an instant buy from me.

Now, for the really cool stuff. First and foremost, Cyberpunk 2077.

While it's not another 40 minute gameplay demo, I liked the cinematic trailer they showed. I love cyberpunk settings, and this seems like a good one. There was another gameplay demo showed to press, and there is stuff out there about it--it sounds really cool! I'm stoked for this one, and early next year is better than I hoped for a release date. And Keanu Reeves is in it!

The other big thing for me was a sequel to Breath of the Wild. I hope we get this next year, a sort of Majora's Mask style follow-up to Breath of the Wild. It certainly seemed like they are echoing that darker vibe of Majora's Mask, and it looks like it's at least hinting that Zelda might be the playable character, which I am totally here for.

The biggest surprise for me was Gods and Monsters, the new game from the developement team behind Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's got a cool art style (very Breath of the Wild). Again, I wish we would have seen some real gameplay, but I'm down to see what they do with a bit more freedom in something structured like Odyssey.

I came away surprisingly interested in Watch Dogs: Legion. Playing as that old lady looks amazing.

I'm also really excited for Deathloop. The premise is incredible, and the Waypoint podcast saw someone that pitched it as "Hitman meets Dishonored," which might the single best pitch for a video game I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm all in on any Dishonored spiritual successor they want to make.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remake looks incredible. One of the best Zelda games, and I am so ready to play it again.

Also coming to Switch, in a total shock, is The Witcher 3! Obviously severely downgraded, but it doesn't really look bad at all. I may be buying this for a third time, because The Witcher on Switch is just too damn good.

The Blair Witch game looks really intersting. I love horror movies, and The Blair Witch is absolutely fundamental to that. I watched it when I was only eleven or twelve, and it terrified me. I am a huge baby and can't really handle horror games, but I might have to give this one a real shot if looks good.

Ghostwire Tokyo also piqued my interest. Not really sure what the game actually is, but the trailer was intriguing.

There is lots of other cool stuff that I didn't mention, but that's all the stuff that I could remember off the top of my head that looked really interesting to me.

Now for the trailers!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread