June 2019 Fourm Status Check | Destiny 2: The Game (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 14:12 (1769 days ago) @ Vortech

I also don't like the level grind, but with the level ups bounty system, I wonder of a bunch of people will just perpetually lag one season behind (or at least a couple f the guardians will?) I was going to say that was my plan, but my main is already seeing 730 drops, so I guess not.

I dislike the power grind as much as anyone, but the silver lining these days is that with each new expansion or season there are even more sources of powerful drops. Last week I played exclusively on my Warlock for 5 days in a row, and I still had powerful rewards available to me... plenty, actually.

I got my Warlock up to ~725, then switched to my Titan and on Sunday and used the powerful weapons I'd gotten on my Warlock to slingshot my Titan up to 740 by the end of the day on Tuesday. I should stress that aside from prepping my Warlock in the week before SoO dropped by getting some bounties completed and ready to turn in, I didn't play with a strict focus on leveling up. I tried to hit as many powerful drops as I reasonably could over the course of the week, but I was by no means "min/maxing" the drops.

So while I'm still not in favor of the grind, it really isn't the hurdle that it used to be. I don't typically try to run the raid until a couple weeks after it has launched. By then, I'll probably have at least 1 character at 750... possibly all of them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread