Not another Luna’s Howl rant (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 10:54 (1773 days ago)

... I promise. Sort of.

I posted this topic on Reddit, and wanted to see what you all thought about it.

Is it just me, or has there been a drastic uptick in special weapon spam in the Crucible lately?

Between the Reckoner quest, Chaperone snipers, the dominance of Erentill, and absolutely broken god-Weapon that is Lord of Wolves, D2 crucible is starting to feel a lot like the worst parts of D1 lately.

I can’t help thinking that the Luna/Not Forgotten nerf has something to do with this as well. Some of the better special weapons in the game take the same slot as Luna’s, so pre-nerf Luna was keeping some of this stuff out of the game that way. But I also feel like I’m getting killed by shotgun rushers and voopers in situations where my pre-nerf Luna would have stopped them. Luna’s Howl was at its deadliest in the gap between short and mid range that made it perfect for taking down apes just before they could close the gap. Post-nerf, it’s just that tiny bit too slow to get the job done anymore.

Anyone else feel the same way? Any cool counters to shotgunners that I should try? (I’m using Mountaintop to shut them down now, but always open to suggestions)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread