Also it amuses me that Destiny is now the game to beat... (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 29, 2019, 10:33 (1731 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Apex is different, for me at least. There is no feeling of being left behind or missing out if I stop playing for a few weeks. There’s no power grind to worry about.

If I stop playing Destiny for a few weeks, I actually do fall behind, and the longer I’m away, the more difficult it is to catch up. I can’t even keep up on more than one character, much less an entirely different game.

If Anthem has been good, I’d have had to choose between it and Destiny. There’s very little possibility that Anthem would have won that fight, no matter its quality. It would have to have been so superior to Destiny, that I honestly can’t even imagine a game being that good. If it had been great, I’d have probably bought it and played for a month, but then I’d be back to Destiny.

I suppose there’s a world where people alternate between these live service games. I’m sure plenty of people do. But we’ve reached such a high pace of content, that hardly leaves time for anything else, and I still enjoy other games too much to want to play more than one service game.

And I mostly agree with you, Apex was just an example I used because for me, it's my only other case that even remotely has something you can do on a daily and weekly basis that I play with other people.

I don't know how Anthem played, so I don't know how close it is to Destiny in regards to playing daily with your friends and how much of a time sink it is. If it was a game where I can pop on and play for a couple hours and it was a quality game then I would totally play it alongside Destiny. Really depends on the quality and type of game really.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread