I’ve missed the Moon! (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 09:55 (1668 days ago) @ Oholiab

Memory is an odd thing. If you had asked me September 30th to draw you a map of the Moon from Destiny 1, I don't think I'd be able to do it. Haven't touched D1 since D2 Launch. The moment my digital boots hit the ground and turned the corner, it's like I never left. First thing I did was see how each... "Key Spot" had changed. Went straight to each without much an issue. It was almost kind of nice to find so many "immune" foes along the way. Most of the "Key Spots" appearances are still the same all-n-all, sans the grav/teleport lift for the ship, of course. They also broke the... tram? railgun? ...I never did find out what that thing was. Unfortunately they did a better job blocking it off now. In D1, you can spawn your sparrow on top of it and launch yourself off out of bounds. Like'd to see how far I could get. Guess that's what the tire game is for now.

For the story so far, which I'm not finished with of course, I've had from the very beginning this idea bouncing around in my head. I'm going to link to it, and cover the link to with spoiler, even though it's not a direct spoiler. It's just using something to to describe a feeling of an idea. A wonder of who wrote this story. Nothing concrete or anything, as again, I haven't finished. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the sort of road they take. After all, if my recollection is correct, Bungie did hire a writer oh... two years ago(?) I want to say, that worked on this linked franchise. Hopefully Bungie can do better in a certain key points of a story. Or just have good presentation of story at all, since the past Destiny offings in-game have been so... anyway.

As it turns out, YES, Moons Haunted. The screaming phantasms are a nice touch, but I expect they'll be getting old in due time. Depending on, of course, what is in store for us when things start to change. The phantasms don't bother me a bit, but I've read off the Destiny Reddits that some have been finding them, when they utter particular phrases, to be right unnerving. Moons Haunted! Having Toland at as a story teller for one of the patrol style missions is a nice touch too.

Aaaand that's what I have for the moment. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread