Masterworking armor is freaking expensive (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 25, 2019, 13:54 (1638 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Found this thread over on Reddit. It provides a detailed breakdown of the costs of the various materials that go into masterworking a piece of 2.0 armor.

You should read the post for all the details, but here’s the total sum for fully masterworking a complete set of armor, including 1 exotic:

grand total of:

• 850 enhancement cores

• 2,825 planet mats

• 1,200,000 glimmer

Yikes O_o

How many enhancement cores do you get these days? Are they more plentiful than in Warmind / Forsaken?

You can get 3 per day per character from Banshee for simple tasks (a couple of dozen hand-cannon kills, for example). You get 10 each time you reset your valor rank (I've done it 4 times since Shadowkeep launched), and 7 each week, per character, for the clan engram.

I started shadowkeep with about 600 cores. Two weeks later, after using a bunch, I've got 750 or so. Yes, it's easier than it used to be. No, building up the 850 is not going to be easy. Then again, buying all your stuff from Banshee is NOT the best way to get that stuff; I'm going to do a combination of buying and earning.

(Remember, by the time you hit level 100 in Season Rank, you've earned 3 Ascendant Shards, 6 Prisms, and 25 cores, so that's the equivalent of 385 cores right there - almost half of what you'll need for a single full set.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread