As a casual, even TU doesn't ruin Reach for me. (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 23, 2019, 12:39 (1585 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Tired of the shitty TU and DMR starts. Wish 343 would just admit already that the Reach TU was the work of amateurs and isn't representative of the game.

It's frustrating, for sure, but I'm just happy to be able to play the one truly good Halo multiplayer in a steady framerate, and being free to play exactly the gametypes I want.

[image]
Nigh-perfect Matchmaking setup.

God I'm still fuming over when the TU first happened and pc MCC just opened up those old wounds. Anyone remember when 343 first took over and said they were gonna respect Bungie's vision before they absolutely fucked up Halo Reach to satisfy an MLG minority playerbase?

I remember, and I hated TU back then, much like the weaklings hated armor abilities (especially Armor Lock). But as with all things, you kind of get over the nitpicky parts and enjoy the simpler and joyous aspects of the game. I've even enjoyed Action Sack, which I used to avoid because it seemed dumb to me:

Humble brag this Perfection I got in Fiesta, of all things:

[image]
I was robbed of a Rampage medal, thrice.

Plus, getting my hands on the old Grenade Launcher again? Coming home, baby.

Reach is still really great. We mustn't be too harsh on it.
SDS when, Blue?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread