Games of the Decade (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 18:47 (1574 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I haven't put much though into a full top ten list.

I can say with complete certainty that my game of the decade is The Witcher 3. I don't think it's the best game, necessarily, but it's my favorite but a pretty considerable margin. I own it on Xbox One, PS4, and now Switch. I'm a few hours into my sixth playthrough, my first on Switch. It's remarkably good on Switch. It's not perfect by any means, but it is completely acceptable to to play such a massive, amazing game on a portable system.

Very few games have captured my attention and my imagination like The Witcher 3 did. Majora's Mask was probably the first game to really do it, and Morrowind shortly after that. I don't think anything else until The Witcher 3 did so in the same way. It's a very difficult thing to articulate, but I feel like I'm transported to another world every time I play it.

As for the rest of the list . . .

Death Stranding probably makes the list. There's a massive recency bias there, but I've never played another game like it. Just a supremely unique, cool game.

I think one of the Dishonored games would be there.

The Last of Us is obvious.

Destiny is there, maybe as a cheat by using just the series instead of picking one game over the other.

Halo Reach is on the list for sure.

Breath of the Wild has to be on it.

Life is Strange, too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread