Are Adept weapons going to return? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 14:15 (1534 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It seems pretty clear now that Trials is going to return, given the status updates on the Crucible Director.

Trials gear is obviously a huge component in making that exciting, and the new Osmosis perk has already been playing with elemental weapons in the Kinetic slot. Does that pave the way for Adept versions of weapons to return? Does that upset the sandbox in any way? I don’t recall it being a big problem in Destiny, but maybe I wasn’t tuned in enough to that side of things to have even known.

Just something I sort of wondered about after playing with Buzzard a bunch lately (which is a really fun sidearm, you should get out if you haven’t yet).

There is a real weapon glut in Destiny, perhaps par for the course. So many really solid weapons already. With each new season comes the new hotness of weapons for that meta.

Let's see... we have;

... uhhh and that's all I can pull out of my head at the moment. I KNOW that list can be extended even more.

("Your list sucks INSANEdrive. Why no 'Your Favorite gun here'!)

If they do bring back Adept weapons, I hope they have unique frames with unique perks, like how Hakke frame rocket launchers have homing rockets by default with no perk needed. Elements based primary would be only best for PvE in Destny 2, which while cool, would suck. Trials of - whatever it's called, is the top top competitive PvP. I hope they reward weapons that reward skill, instead of just flat out power. No winning because you have X. What would that look like though? Not sure.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread