Seriously (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:31 (1527 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So I never actually beat the game. I did 3 Divine Beasts (still needed to do the one on Death Mountain). I put it down for a long time, just got distracted, and when I started again I really wanted to start over because it had been so long. Despite what seems like a lot of mainline progress, I didn’t really play that much. I didn’t explore much, and I never quite really got into the systems, especially combat. The first time I played, I didn’t quite understand what everyone else saw. I knew what it was supposed to be, but I think I was still expecting a bit more of a traditional Zelda game, and I was having trouble with the fact that it wasn’t.

So now I’m 10 or so hours in to a completely new game. No Divine Beasts yet, no Master Sword yet. But I feel like I get the game better this time around. It feels magical in a way it didn’t the first time around. I’m loving just wandering around.

The best part of the game has so little to do with the "main" campaign. Frankly I think it takes away from it as there's a level of urgency with that that doesn't match my exploration of Hyrule...

Master Mode suits me just fine in this regard as it makes it less like I'm just cruising through enemies, I spend more time avoiding/running away from them and it makes me focus even more on exploring.

Even though I got all 120 shrines in my first playthrough, I'm relishing this reprise just as much, if not more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread