Narrative Preview For Upcoming Season (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 28, 2020, 13:36 (1512 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, February 28, 2020, 14:07

I don’t think I understood any of that.

I admit, it is quite heavy. Reads like something I might write. While I'm no Fourm Cryptarch, what I decipher is this. Keep in mind, Osirus is a Warlock. Warlocks like data. Warlocks trend to be very very good with data.

Osiris’s face splits into golden multitudes to consume the information. Eyes in all directions, searching for the path. Rasputin constructs a model of the system, highlighting an anomalous signal near the edge of Sol’s influence. Osiris’s mind sieves the data into manufactured purpose.

He interfaced with Rasputin.

We have a lead. -> HERE

KUIPER-OORT EXPANSE

[image]

1:02 - Osirus is there.

Osiris is basically in interstellar space. Osiris, if I interpret this correctly, visited the fleet. Yes, that fleet in the clip above. Them.

“What is it?”

Osiris breathes a sigh of relief at the sight of the anomaly.

“An answer.”

“I… feel strange.” Sagira settles from her orbit about Osiris’s shoulders, her voice crackling with interference.

“It might be best if you stay with the ship.”

“It might be best if you had better ideas.”

Some banter... but this is interesting, so I'm highlighting it...

Sagira scans the warping stillness. “There’s nothing in there, Osiris.”

&

Sagira narrows her iris at him. “I can’t even find a point to transmat you to.”

Well... if this is Darkness, it sure does seem to play by those rules eh?... I digress...

Osiris is in space, after the proper modifications to his armor.

He then is "WELCOMED" as he enters. Like we were on the moon, but without a link to Rasputin.

||COLLISION ALERT: BOW | COURSE CORRECTION;NEGATIVE;COLLISION IMMINENT||

The Anomalous Maw welcomes. It is a gullet, endless in hunger and depth that splits reality like petals opening to consume the Sun. The depth warps. Sweet flavor spins through the senses. It cradles him, locks in motionless descent, rocks away fear with warm recognition. Stretches, and wraps, and cribs.

||COLLISION ALERT: STARBOARD;BOW;ABEAM;RADIAL;AFT;BOW;ABEAM;PORT:AFT;RADIAL;PORT:BOW >||COURSE CORRECTION: NEGATIVE;TRAJECTORY FAILURE;COLLISION: FAILURE||

After that ... it's ... feeling I guess? I mean, I think I have an idea, but I'm not sure how better to simplify.

Something like this I suppose.

After than it's like a flood of... consuming rigidity. Absolute.

Before him, the gnarled point softens and splits into a blooming cathedra. A metal seed laid barren in the bosom of the throne in a pool of light. A nexus. He plucks it from the pool. From its drippings spawn a rapturous light, spreading through the enormity and ravenously washing over the gullet at increasing pace.

Dark gives way to cold reflective alloy.

To logic and formless calculous.

The cathedra, overwhelmed by prediction, rings with the dull mimicked tone of congruence. They scream to Osiris. His mind. They crave, never to tire, his unique causality. They would grow, unceasing. Death to death, forever.

The path of want falls to assimilation.

Osiris flees to the safety of Sagira’s blinking light. The gullet quivers reverberation that trails his every step in sentient chromic glisten. ...

While Osiris looks at they, they look at him. All of him.

And what was all this for? Why walk into this maw?

Sagira’s shell shines a reflection across the cockpit as Osiris’s jumpship rolls to face the Sun. “Ready to go?”

||KUIPER SLINGSHOT JUMP-LOCK: TRAJECTORY CLEAR; GREEN LINE||

“Sagira…” He grips a cold metal seed. “Yes.”

Are we suckers or what? Again... I am not a Cryptarch. My knowledge of this story is but an occasional glance. Here and there. It is interesting that of all D1 levels to return... Anomaly is one of them. But this cold seed is hand held.

So...

The Sun hangs dim and distant in a sea of ink. Its waning glare burns the focus out of Osiris’s eyes. Blind to all other points, they drift; engines humming in anticipation; vessel drenched in an angular shadow.

EDIT: Oh shit... the more I read this, the worse it looks. Key phrase at the ending.

Osiris flees to the safety of Sagira’s blinking light. The gullet quivers reverberation that trails his every step in sentient chromic glisten. He calls for her. To open the ship. To break the false-light wave that besets his every step. To—

“I’m glad you changed your mind.”

Changed his mind? What was all he... MMMmmmmmMMmmmm.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread