Destiny is good when it’s difficult. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 12, 2020, 22:04 (1504 days ago)
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, March 12, 2020, 22:33

INSANEdrive, Nevin, and I did a power level 1000 Nightfall tonight. Insane and I were in the mid 960s, Cruel was 980. It took us nearly an hour (and we finished with a whole 987 points!).

It was genuinely the most fun I’ve had in Destiny in quite a while. Destiny is always fun at a base level, and being overpowered is fun in its own way. But Destiny when it’s challenging is really great. Raids are one thing, but just a genuinely difficult combat encounter really shines in a way that the artificiality of a raid doesn’t really match.

This is the closest Destiny 2 has ever come to feeling like D1 Nightfalls, and I honestly think it was even better. I think the strike (Insight Terminus) played a huge part in that. That final arena is a fun space to fight in, and that boss requires that you make good use of at this high difficulty.

It was such a positive experience that I felt the need to post something about it.

EDIT: P.S. Blazerunner, you signed up for the event, sorry we left you out! Xbox was being fucky, and it would not let me add you as a friend. I tried sending a party invite, but you were showing as offline, so I don’t even know if you were around. The roster in Destiny was also broken and not showing online players.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread