Yes and YES (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 20, 2020, 16:04 (1622 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Squid, Unoudid, and I jumped into Trials last night to see how far we could get. Our first card was fairly rough (couldn’t get passed 4 wins), so we started a 2nd card. We lost our mercy early on (game 3, I think), but from there things went really well. We had several close-fought matches that went right down to the wire, and at least 2 great comebacks. Ironically, our lighthouse match was one of the easier games of the evening until the very last round. But we got through and made it to the Lighthouse.

Overall, I really enjoy this map for Trials. It doesn’t force you into any specific play style. There’s room for snipers and shotgunners to operate without having them completely take over the map. There’s some nice verticality at play. But it’s small enough that things can turn on a dime, so it rewards players and teams who can shift strategies and react quickly.

I recorded a few clips for anyone who’s interested:

[image]

I haven't bothered to try anything outside of Hard light. Mine rolled rangefinder, dynamic sway, armor piercing, and corkscrew, is that any good?

I don’t want to oversell it, but for me personally the Summoner is a game changer (I’ll get to why that is in a minute). I’d say you have an excellent roll... it’s almost the same as mine (I also have Rangefinder, Dynamic Sway Reduction, and a range masterwork). I’d recommend throwing a counterbalance mod on it, but you should experiment with it a bit.

So, back to how good this thing is. I got mine on Friday, and for the first time in almost a year, my primary weapon really is my PRIMARY weapon when I go into the crucible. It’s fast enough that you can take down over-zealous shotgun apes, it can kill faster than most fusion rifles can charge so unless an FR user gets the drop on you, you can challenge them too, and it is stable enough that you can win long-range duels against Scout/Pulse rifles. I’ve even challenged snipers with it... if they miss their first shot, I can usually kill them or at least hurt them enough that they back off.

The last time I was able to rely on a primary like this was Luna’s Howl before they nerfed it. It’s not that it’s overpowered, per say. It’s more that it’s very effective across a wide variety of engagements. I still swap to my shotgun or fusion rifle when the situation calls for it, but if I’m stuck without green ammo, I still feel like I can handle almost any situation if I play my cards right.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread