Blown Away (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 23:16 (1437 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I finished the main story, and never thought it could be this good. The only real gripes I have are with the pointless side jobs, and the audio mix (the music is too often mixed way too low in cinematics. You have one of the best game scores in history, you should let the music come forward sometimes and do its thing!)

I can say though, that the game is meant to be played by those who have finished the original. It's not a nostalgia thing, and it's hard to explain without spoiling, but if this is your first crack at Final Fantasy 7 you might be confused. It's really smart, and really bold and brilliant I think.

There's a constant struggle between nostolgia and moving forward, so what the game does is quite smart. You have for the first 17/18 chapters a more or less faithful retelling of the original, simply with much more detail with things greatly expanded upon and a few things changed here or there. But that ending. It frees the creators up to do whatever they want now, not shackled by the original. It can move forward into the unknown. I am so excited to continue when the next one comes out.

It's a home run.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread