Let's Play: Final Fantasy 7 (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 08, 2020, 23:25 (1420 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, May 09, 2020, 00:12

This game rules. I just did the mission for Jessie. The combat finally got challenging, and I’m sure it’s just the beginning.

I'm going through on hard mode now (on chapter 15 of 18), and you have to absolutely master the combat and the boss weaknesses to succeed. You max out at level 50, and even then you aren't overpowered in the least. Each boss is super varied, and I've had to have custom materia loadouts for each. It helps that all the characters are so different and have unique abilities. If you want tips I can give some, but figuring it out is super fun. Hard mode is tougher enemies, no item usage, and MP only recharging between chapters or after specific story points.

I guess I’ll dive into watching or reading the story of the original before I get too much farther.

You can play up until close to the end and still have things make sense. It's the last bit that requires you to have played the original.

I played through the original again before my hard mode playthrough, and doing all the story stuff took me 28 hours at a decent pace that wasn't rushed. If you aren't going to beat any of the superbosses, it's not the longest JRPG by any margin. The PS4 version even has a level booster and a fast forward.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread