I loved this post... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 27, 2020, 14:10 (1366 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Thank you.

and you sold me. I tire of the soggy industrial aesthetic of Titan but it's because I forget missions like this one, and I kick myself for not remembering that they DID fix my gripe--you can replay campaign missions. You can even start from the beginning--at least until they start vaulting stuff :(.

Alas, and this is where I start to sound like Cody, the game demands so much of you just to have a few of the latest toys, that there's little time to savor the riches the game provides within the context of a narrative.

Eh. While there is definitely a disproportionate emphasis on "get the Stuff" AKA "LOOT", there is little really stopping you from ever so now and again to just wonder the wilds in patrol, should you feel like doing so simply for the sake of appreciation. It's like going outside to watch the sunset, which I've seen a few times by now, but I do anyway. It's... nice. In Destinies case, you can sometimes find things you may have forgotten or missed.

For example, and yes this is still on Titan as it turns out, around when I recently did my run through to make my post (of which you admit admiration towards above), I also asked myself: "How far can I go back to the very start?"

The place I found the answer had this;

Nothing fancy. The thrill is more in the discovery of anything interactive on a path so out of the way than any actual content of it. I do grant though, that there is not enough of this air of "aimless" wandering. A stumbling upon things, though I no longer recall if that was ever an established goal, and more a wish on my part. Unfortunately, for it to be made there needs to be a reason, that's just game design. Creating something "just because one can" is far too fleeting a luxury.

I consider myself so lucky that I regularly get to raid (my favorite)--especially when I consider how little I play relative to EVERYONE else I know who plays. I don't take the time to enjoy these things because I tell myself I don't have the time. Frankly, I'm thinking about my time differently. It's probably my age.

It's funny that you found that ghost prompt. I found the same one last week. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed your trip down memory lane, INSANE.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread