Niobe Labs Success! (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, September 08, 2020, 10:02 (1298 days ago) @ squidnh3

Ended up trying out Niobe Labs with Claude and Zero this past weekend. None of us had watched any videos, we just had some basic image guides for the codes in front of us, so we had to figure out ad control strategies as we went. I think we spent around 3-4 hours on Friday night working out waves 1-6 and briefly failing a few wave 7 code tries, another hour on Saturday failing the wave 7 code, and then finally succeeded on Sunday night on the second or third try after some additional guidance on entering in the sniper player's (mine) code.

All in all it was fun and I'm glad we did it. The wave 7 stuff being so finicky was a bit frustrating, especially after it seemed like the previous 6 codes worked just fine once we got them down. It could have just been the pressure that was causing the issues. Working out the ad control strategies was fun given the weapon limitations (2 players basically have to run Hammerhead, which isn't very good for yellow bars anymore).

I participated in a thread on Reddit yesterday about that encounter, and mentioned the caveat that you shouldn't try to step on plates you're not actually using (make sure to go AROUND the ones you aren't using, instead of over them, if they're between your first and second). I got feedback that that might have been a problem (their first run after reading that caveat, which they hadn't seen before, was successful)... so it's possible that some of our mystery wipes were me not going wide enough around Wind to get from Butterfly to Sun. (I was much more careful on Saturday and Sunday, but given how finicky things were, I might not have been careful enough.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread