I've been doing research on other folks flawless runs... (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 11, 2020, 23:03 (1322 days ago) @ Kermit

I've seen some fairly standard fare. One group I watched were (almost) all Well-Locks who were using it as an emergency option, some I watched had a composition of Well-locks and Wormhusk Hunters. One I read about had a Titan purely for melting point as I recall, and in all of these cases, the weapons are usually the same in type.

Switching about as needed, folks who run this tend to be using some pulse/scout rifle or in some cases Crimson, a shotgun/sniper, and of course Whisper of the Worm, Sleeper Stimulant, or Thunderlord. Again... switching as needed.

But there is one thing I don't understand; Why does everyone insist on Whisper (or the like) when there is multiple clips of footage (which is admittedly far more dated) of 6 Outbreak Perfectedzz, just burning Insurrection Primes Health pool in 30 Seconds or so. It's really not even a fair comparison. Granted, it's fairly late when I'm posting this, but sans the fix where you can't make nanites while immune, and the removal of Lunafaction Boots "Infinite Ammo" (which is definitely being used in these clips) I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't still be the best way to burn the boss. Once the damage boost mechanic gets going, It's 30k a shot! With buffs! And with A Void Hunter Tossing an Oppressive 'nade, it could go even higher right? Results may very I suppose, but... can you blame me for asking when there is footage like this? That's a 28 Second finish with Primary ammo! (2:47 - 3:15) None of that "Low on Ammo" shenanigans, with virtually the same time to kill as Whisper (based on the clip at the top).

What am I missing? Why does no one (that I've found anyway) do this?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread