That's fair (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, October 09, 2020, 11:32 (1294 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It was a drag feeling like I was short-changing myself if I didn't get both these mods and armor that would last that could have them.

This will clean up my vault a bit and also just save me some time pre-Beyond Light.

Also it feels like my builds can be a little more flexible without having to focus on elemental affinity too much.

I've enjoyed putting builds together while still finding it a little cumbersome, I'm hoping this overall improves the experience without removing the ability for us to tailor our builds to do fun wild things.

Personally, I'm super-unhappy with the idea that this season, I began to seriously focus on upgrading 9 sets of armor for each character (3 each of Season 4/5 armor, 3 each of Season 8 armor, and 3 each of Season 11 armor) - a significant chunk of this work (most of it, probably) is wasted. A heads-up before now would have been greatly appreciated.

Yes, my vault will breathe a sigh of relief. I can't help but wonder, though, how far I could have gotten on other goals that I chose not to pursue because I spent so much time doing this.

I'm also really worried that I'll do a bad job of analyzing what they said about upcoming armor, and the cleanup I do will do more harm than good. :(

I'm also looking back at the time I spent trying to get the mods and armor across 3 characters and paying attention to what was maxing out at 1060, I really think they should have announced this way back with the content vaulting (I get it that maybe they only settled on this recently, but that doesn't make it sting less).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread