"The Meeting" /// PART 3 (Fan Creations)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, November 09, 2020, 23:05 (1263 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“Europa! Europa! Europa!”

The Warlocks head SPARKS from his head gash, jolting his head back alarmingly fast! Wendell gasps and falls crumpling to the ground and begins to seize.

Wataru speaks in shock, as Wally commands an action upon unison.

“What in the!”

“GHOST! GET OUT HEREa!”

Both the Hunters Ghost (with the Eris Morn Shell) & the Titans Ghost (with the Saintly Shell) appear, but Wendell's is not to be found.

“What did you do this time?” Nags the Eris Morn Shell.

“What are you talking about, I know you saw what just happened… fix it! Fix it fix it!”

“Hasty hunter, be silent now. We are not this guardians ghost.” The Saintly Shell than looks to speak to his Titan.

“This Warlocks breath sounds panicked. What data would you like me to find Guardian?”

“Anything! Quickly now.”

“One moment, I suppose… as an Exo, it’s just another lock right?”

The Saintly Shell makes a quick scan, than again, and then... perplexed… scans one more time.

“Talk to me.” Commands Wally, his voice strict and forward.

“Guardian, at first I detected some results that reminded me of the Vex, and then I’m detecting some sort of connection that reminds me of anomalous signals I detected during your Crucible practices on Luna in the Mare Cognitum Sector… but different. And then again I scanned and… I in fact… I’m detecting a myriad of signals and disruptions throughout this Guardians physical systems. I’m detecting a fair number of binary and quantum pulses, both forming and breaking down and… though I’m not sure, I’m your ghost not his, It’s like…”

The Ghost attempts to pause for a moment, but Wally doesn’t allow it.

“Ghost, my Fireteam member is down, and his ghost seems unresponsive. Speak!”

“I’m sorry, my specialty is more on the Awoken, on you… you’re my Guardian. I brought you back, not this one. I don’t know, but it seems like different programs are running. And it looks like… and this can’t be right… it looks like some of them are being re-written WHILE it’s running. I don’t know if I can trust this reading, this can’t be right. Guardian I’m too unfamiliar with some of this data I am reading, and I don’t wish to do any harm to a fellow Guardian. It’s like his light is being possessed or infiltrated by something. Whatever is going on is effecting him to the… ghost level!?! Guardian I recommend…”

Eris Morn Shell chimes in sarcastically; “Oh! Let me guess! Have you tried punching it Titan?”

The Saintly Shell isn’t amused. “What? No no! Could you just for once try to be helpful?! Plus, in particularly rare fashion, that’s actually a terrible Idea. If my Titan punches him in this state, for all we know he’ll actually kill ‘im. His ghost is non-responsive… Guardian I recommend we must notify the Vanguard for further instruction.”

Eris Morn Shell: “And what are they going to do? Punch him?”

“They have experiences we do not. Guardian… let’s move.” The Titan begins to jog out of the room only to be stopped mid-fountain hall by the Eris Morn Shell blocking their path.

Eris Morn Shell: “Or we could… I don’t know, punch him now?”

“Are you sure you're my ghost?” Asks Wataru, peeking around the corner.

"Whose else would I be? Will someone please punch this Exo contraption! Guardian, could you please be so kind? I want to see what happens, like the wall. And if that doesn’t work, THAN Titan you can go!”

The Hunter Shrugs.

“Ah fine! I’ll do it.”

The Hunter Punches the Warlock in the Jaw, still seizing, but slower. His vocal programming activates with the Warlock whispering; “I was rejected 776 times. I was told it was impossible, that 20 was the limit a mind could take. But I wasn’t going to die today, there was still so much to learn.” The Whisper than abruptly became a scream. “DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND! IT WAS WRONG! IT WAS ALL WRONG!!!!! The mind wants to be free despite its lack for freedom! The mouth wishes to screeeeeeeeeam, but there is no mouth! NO MOUTH! NO MOUTH!! It just looks like one!”

Fluid leaked from his eyes. The jaws frothed with fluid. Smoke begin to emanate from his mouth and eyes and ears and every part of him. Whatever was going on was just too much.

“Why does a war machine need the ability to make tears? Why does a war machine have emotions? Why should a war machine have a digestion system? Why does a war machine need to eat? My does a war machine need to breath? Why does a War machine need a heart beat? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY!? WHY! WHY!!! WHY!!!!!! WHYYYYYY!!!!!”

Than in the loudest burst… “I will tell the world what Braytech has done! The truth about Clovis Bra-!”

The Hunter Punches him again. Wendell stops speaking, and in fact stops seizing all together.

“Well that didn’t work. I wonder if this is the work of the witch queen?”

“You’re asking the wrong titan… but you have actually given me an idea.”

“Oh! Well, my dairy will be so thrilled. I’ll even scribble it in crayon in your honor.”

As the Titan approached, he noticed that Wendell had grown eerily still. If he didn’t know any better, he would have said that this Guardian was gone, much like Cayde-6.

The Titan, with precision… strongly tapped at the bottom of Wendell's Exo jaw with quickness, giving it an open palmed strike twice. Nothing. He than moved his hands into different positions, acting with knuckle, wrist, and side palm as needed. He tapped twice the top of the Exos head. Nothing. Juggled his motions between his head twice with strong taps left and right. Tapped his back at different places twice. Nothing. Holy shit. Is he… is he dead? With a sigh… and an escalation of anger, the Titan had one last trick. He balled up his fist and with a SLAM, hit the Exo has hard as he could in the chest. And then suddenly… Wendell seemed to start. Seeing this reaction, the Titan punched the Exo chest with a rhythm like a drum. “Come on! Come on!” One minute becomes two, and the Titan keeps the rhythm until... the glow from the Warlocks eyes flutters for a moment. The Titan stops as the lights from the Exo eyes than blinks back on solidly and Wendell says out loud: “Than I shall be the best of fools!”

The snow was gone. All of it. All sight was met with the slanted stone of the ceiling and rigidity of its squared and centered beams. Wendell groggily sits up and looks around, bewildered.

“I was standing? Where did all the snow go? Why am I on the floor?… My Fireteam! Are you, are all ok!?” A shocked look twitches on Wendell's face and in quickness he turns to look out the window, an action matched by his fireteam. They turn their heads casually to glancing in the same direction, without knowing what to look for. All the same, Wendell breaths a deep sigh. The Traveler is still there.

With the crisis averted, the two ghosts return from whence they came. Their moment of exposition done. Wally looks to Wendell to help him back to his feet. He extends his hand; “Don’t mind us, we’re fine. It is you who gave us quite the curious scare. What happened? Are YOU OK?

Wendell responds, his warbled voice now received and timid; “I… I don’t know. I...”

“Well Wendell, tell us the last thing you remember? That may help us understand what happened."

With half voice and half whisper; “What happened? What happened?! What happ… NO no… not important… it’s fading! It’s fading! Um um… We need-to wear-something uh uh warm on our legs, at least, as we approach a World of Ice. Do you hear me! The cold is everywhere! Every-where. And it’s only the beginning! And Eris morn has embraced the… and … the Vex are infecting like digital ants and oh and Clovis Bray! OH that monster! The Vanity! He killed his own … um… someone. It was all so clear. Everything was so clear. So so clear. The faces were long with broad rabbit ears above the draped cloak of embrace… or they looked like it… was that the past? And the speed of them all! Meticulous and… narrow. *Sigh*... I knew everything, and even then I knew nothing. I knew no choice at all.

… No choice at all.”

Wendell begins to lay back and turns to dry sob to the floor as his senses return to him.

“I don’t remember. I don’t remember ANYTHING.”

“Should I go get the Vanguard?”

“No… that’s… if I could still remember, than yes, but I can’t so… no. No.”

“You’re… bumming me out here. Give me something to work with. Please Wendell. I don’t know what to do. Well, unless you need me to give ya a good punch.”

Wendell sits up again and lifts his defeated shoulders. He looks up to the Titan, to his fire team brother, his hand still extended and solid. Ever at the ready. With yet another deep sigh, Wendell forces himself to come together. There are questions to be answered, and still more questions to be asked.

“I’m not ready to stand yet, thank you Wally.”

The Titan returns his extended hand to rest.

“Well, as I recall, the last thing I experienced before my systems went sideways was… I seemed to have issue with description and understanding with the word…”

*The mental image of the Pyramid on Europa flashes before him for a moment.*

[image]

Wendell shivers.

“What?”

“It’s nothing. Never mind what happened. I’ve had a vision, or a dream.”

The Warlock whences his eyes and shakes his head. He suddenly felt like he was going to throw up, but wasn’t sure if it was because of what he saw, or what it took for him to be forced to see it.

With a whisper Wendell utters “… why? Why why why”, and is clearly still not all there. Zavala's Office is allowed to echo its ambiance for a moment, and then… finally, Wataru breaks the silence.

“Sure doesn’t sound like nothin’. Like it doesn’t matter. Ya look like shit, and its clear you need more time, but if your memory is fading just push and tell us what exactly did you see? What dream? What Vision?! Come on!”

Wendell Screams.

“EVERYTHING!” … gasps a few shots of air … “Nothing. It could have been nothing but lies, or… every truth at once. I’m still… processing a lot of it. What I can still remember, anyway.”

Wendells eyes close. Contemplating. Thinking. He puts his hand on his head and feels the loss of friction on his skullplate.

“Hey guys, can I… get something to wipe off this new crud on my face?”

The Titan without hesitation rips off his Xenosilver Coronation mark.

“I’ve got plenty of extras. Don’t worry about it.”

“Thanks.”

Wataru stares at Wendell, intensely. This was something new, and Warlocks aren't the only ones who can make calculated considerations.

Watching my Warlock brother, as he wipes off the oily residue it is obvious in motion that he is notably exhausted. What ever happened took a number, and finally made call on it. And man… I’ve been around the block before, so it’s totally like some of his thoughts are still elsewhere. Like his action and speech was just a buffer for time, while trying to figure out what to do with the time. What choices to make. Which fork of the river to push towards, and let the river do the rest. I didn’t tell him this of course. I’ve got a hard built reputation to keep. Last thing I need is folks com’n to me to cry on my shoulder, that ain’t my bag. But I’m worried for him. Ah shit. Got to say something. Ah… why does that Titan have to be here now, that honor crap is so fake. But with Wendell down like this, there ain’t anything I can say to make him leave his side right now. Ah well.

“Hey man, don’t read into this too much. Don’t… um… don’t let it get to ya. You’re here with us, brother. I mean, don’t get USED to this, but can I get ya some Ramen or something?

Wally turns his head, shocked. “A selfless act?! Who are you and where have you stashed the real Wataru?”

(Ah Crap.) “What are ya talken about? I’m always real. I uh… Warlocks are good for Intel, you know! I mean, I COULD do it, but why when we already have someone who enjoys doing that stuff. It’s about ME man! Yah!”

The Titan shakes his head disappointed. “I suppose I should expect nothing less from a Thorn user.”

“Hey man, ya got to deal with some thorns if ya want the rose! Ha ha! And hey! You’re one to talk…”

“Guys?” The Warlock could hardly speak… he just felt, so wiped out.

“… isn’t Crimson banned by the Vanguard to use Mr. High-And-Mighty-Vanguard Guy”

“What?”

“That’s right… I know! Ain’t keep’n no secrets from me!”

“I have no idea what you are talking about. According to official Vanguard policy, this weapon you speak of does not exist.”

“Guys.”

Watarus tone escalates. “Yeah yeah, but only an idiot believes only the Official policy. And I ain’t-”

“Oh well fantastic, it’s settled then. Shut up.”

“Don’t interrupt me! You Shut up!”

Wendell then pushes out in a pained shilled yell; “GUYYYSS!!”

The bickering stops in an instant, and all attention is back on the Warlock, who after his yell is once again measuring his breaths. Then after one last gulp of air, he then speaks. “Technically you get Rose first before you get Thorn.” The words echo in the Exos hears, and for a sudden moment, everything makes sense again. Wendell speaks to himself, “Roses? And Thorns” than returns to a moment of internal monologue. “You get Roses first… is the Traveler a rose?” In an instant, his eyes return to full brightness, and Wendell looks to his fire team directly and says: “Help me up.”

Wally with anticipation steps forward in an instant, followed quickly by Wataru who matches the motion. Wendell grabs both hands, and is back on his feet. Then Wendell looks to his own hands for but a moment in realization and moves them about. The feeling of cold is gone.

“I needed to reassess my barrings and… sensations. I want to sincerely apologize for the scare you may have just witnessed.”

“You ain't kiddn’. The Titan didn’t even know what to do.”

Wally turns his head, unamused. He then brings his attention back to Wendell.

“Well, I’m glad you are finally back with us. It looked like you went too far into the deep there man, it’s like all of you dropped dead. Are you sure you are ok?”

“Again, I thank you for the concern, but I… don’t yet know how to explain what I just experienced. There is too much. And I… shoot. I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain.”

The Hunter facepalms both hands on to his head.

“Enough already! He’s ok Wally! Stop asking if he is ok! The answer isn’t going to change!”

“Well…”

“Oh… don’t do that. You just told us a DOZEN times that ya don’t know and you need time. I was about to tell you that I’m VERY willing to leave to give you that time. And now… What? WHAT!”

“There is something I remember. Something that… I didn’t remember before. I’m not sure If I even knew it before.”

The room grows silent.

Wendell then ebbs closer to the group. His voice quieter, but not yet a whisper.

“What do you know about the Deep Stone Crypt?”

The room is silent, only to be broken by Watarus exclamation of...

“Holy Shit.”

“Well… should I take that as you knowing something there Wataru?”

“Hey hey, I don’t know, but what I do know was started when Cayde died. When I went to Titan to collect some of his hidden stash, his… contingencies, one of them mentioned something about a Deep Stone Crypt. It sounded pretty serious, but I didn’t really give it much thought even though…

… well I was still pretty numb then. I just. I didn’t expect to hear it again so soon. Does this have something to do with… what did he call it? Long. Sly… no… slow?! Yeah, slow whisper. Long Slow Whisper?”

“I recall there is a connection to that, but… I don’t know why, nor what it is. It’s so strange. Titan, what do you know about the Deep Stone Crypt?”

“I think there was something about it on one of my marks back in the day. It was in my vault I think before the old tower got ambushed into rubble by those Cabal cowards. That’s about it. Why? Is it important we know what it is?”

“It will be.”

“It will be?!” Wallys face contorts. “Wendell, I’m going to be quite frank here, I have no idea what is going on right now. Nothing to what you have said is connecting with me at all. You have provided nothing but riddles, and honestly, even though that’s kind of the ever-obnoxious Warlock style, you leave my patience thinned here. So let me just ask this directly; do you suspect a threat to the city?”

“No. No… nothing immediate for the city. Nothing as blunt as the Red War, but … I suppose eventually it may come to be.” There is a momentary pause. “I hope not… and yet the Darkness seems to dwell upon our cosmological door step now, so such an idea is not too far to consider in what there is to say. So, I suppose the proper answer is no, not yet… but Darkness, or at least our little understanding of it is definitely involved.

“Alright. I understood that. Carry on then. Is there anything else?”

There was a moment of silence as Wendell built the words in his throat. “Well”, he thought, “here it goes”. There is a moment of motion, in visible hesitation, but finally Wendell finds his resolve to speak.

“The question I’m about to ask was the original reason I had us come together today. I admit, this meeting has been far more exciting that I originally intended, or could intend, but even with that in mind, the need of this question...”

The Wataru interjects, “Get on with it all ready!”

“… has weighed heavily on my mind.”

Wendell looks to Wataru, than walks over to the window and looks out. Give him self some space before he asks. It’s dark now, but fortunately its only on the terms of night time. A far kinder darkness in comparison. The Traveler looms above, glowing as it does.

Click. Tick. Click. Tick. Click. Tick. Click. Tick.

“It is now obvious that we will all be forced to answer this question soon, weather we want to or not.”

Wendell than asked a question no one was ready for. The Question he dreaded to ask his fire team was now.

“If we can wield the Darkness, should we?”

“W-What!?” Replied the Titan in disgust.

“If we, we three…” he points to himself and directs his hand as called “… Wendell, Wataru, and yes even you Wally, can wield the Darkness... should we?

“BLASphemy!”

Wataru rolls his eyes.

“Oh stuff it, yah resolute tight ass!

Man, of course we should. Of COURSE! If we can wield whatever tricks 'darkness' has than shit, than wield it! Could we not use this Darkness, this weapon of the enemy, to than use it against them as one would black diamond against its self? Power is power! Especially when nature doesn’t get its say!”

“What is this foolishness?! What blasphemous noise am I hearing?! Fool! We are built from light! Isn’t it obvious that we could not wield such what-ifs without being utterly destroyed?! None of us can. Darkness answers to its own goals alone. It has no other master. Plus to do this would be a total betrayal the Traveler, and an utter corruption of every, sacred, tenet…”

“And what would a Titan know of this matter? Go take your rigid dogma somewhere else! Why don’t you go and stand on your wall, color in the lines and chew on a coloring book ya babbling brick!”

“DON’T YOU DARE BRING MY COLORING BOOK INTO THIS!”

As his fire team bickers about… somehow… about the Titan and his coloring book, Wendell can’t help but feel a touch bemused. “Well...” he thinks to himself “… this is just as bad as I thought it was going to be. And how will it effect my Fireteam indeed.” With a strong whistle, the bickering stops. Attention returns towards the Warlock, who returns to the conversational circle.

“As we both know, Wataru, doing such a thing would be a terrible use of a coloring book. Well, unless we can get some spicy ramen to go with it.” Wendell winks to Wally.

“Perhaps it was unfair of me to ask this question straight and outright. There is a lot to consider here, and I knew how controversial this was going to be among us. So if I may let me say this, yes! I do realize the magnitude of the question I ask. So let us try this again. Let me tell you why I have come to ask myself this question, as hopefully that will help. I’ve been wondering to my self if we would still be Guardians if we could wield the energies of, for lack of a better term, the “light” of the darkness? I had, originally, been asking myself if the Traveler can in its final effort bring us back… why couldn't the darkness do the same as well at full strength? Why was it the light that brought us back? Make us Guardians as it sees fit in it’s preferred image. It’s only logical right? If the darkness can infiltrate our ghosts, and have it speak for them, the very things that bring us back from the netherworld of death, the dispersal of our thoughts and being, than what else could it do to us? How venerable are we to the dark? And could it make, what we know as, Ghosts? Like… our ghosts but not ghosts. Something else?

It has been this that I have been questioning through out these last few months. Tireless research, not only with Eris, but on my own accord as well. Hands on research. Lots of time on the moon for example. And on top of my experience tonight… I now think what was once a thought experiment may soon be far more real than we know. That it’s going to happen sooner than we know. …”

“THAN WE’LL FIGHT IT!” Shouts Wally

“shhhh shh... And I fear that we won’t be ready when it does happen. This is why I’ve brought this question before you all tonight, so we can prepare ourselves for when it happens. And I think I know the answer too. What we need to…”

“What you ask…” growls Wally, his face crunched, “is impossible. Impossible. Everything you just said is utterly ridiculous. The darkness are destroyers, not creators! That’s why it was the light, AND ONLY THE LIGHT, that could bring us back! The Darkness hates creation, and it borrows and corrupts from it. Wendell, this is madness! I can simply not sanction this! What you propose in possibility, in even simple consideration is no little evil made for greater good Warlock! This is about the end. The. END. A Second Collapse!! An event I’ve sworn through the Vanguard to protect us from. And you, you DARE even hint, to even recommend us to embrace this foe with its corruption? To sit back and watch it drown our light and all things we hold dear to protect? To… drown in the dark?! No! NO! A thousand times NO!

Wendell waves his hand in a gesture of easing the rant.

“My dear friend, my dear battle brother, you misunderstand. Um, you have become so latched to your wall that you think its potential falling is an end to everything. But it’s not. I’m… I’m trying to give you a different perspective to understand how we can survive this, WITH OUR SELVES INTACT! Please. You have to listen to me. Please.”

“NO! NO! NO! YOU FOOL! YOU PROPOSE DOOM! ARE YOU SO—mmf!”

With quickness, Wendell places his hand upon Wallys mouth and looks the Titan straight in his glowing white Awoken eyes. Sternly and softly Wendell speaks; “Wally… look at me. Look. At-me. Please. Have I ever lead you astray before? You might not like it, but you must trust me as you have MANY times before. There are larger things at work here, and there really is not enough time to explain it all.”

Wendell steps back, his hand placed back to it’s original rest.

“Well… correction, it’s not a larger… it’s more a… a multitude of works. Both built in our past AND in our future. A thousand thousand different prerogatives, all aiming at one point… this so called end. And in fact… ”

“Wendell” sighs Wataru.

“… I know I know, I’m digressing but… each one of them is so SURE that they are right that they ignore all other possibilities! It’s as if it’s been concluded that all has been pre-written. And perhaps… some of it all is. Perhaps those discordant seeds or further silver leaves have already been planted unknown to us. If we have an apple tree, it will always be the provider of apples, we just don’t know what kind of tree it is yet. Or what kind of apples they shall be. Yet there has already been so much sacrifice and strife to afford us an opportunity to… to have a choice. To figure out what to do next, to… to… have the ability to create new causes for new effects. And everything I understand now points to this possibility of eventually wielding the Dark. Shoot, even some of the things I don’t understand frustratingly seem to weve this way.”

Wataru slowly facepalms and shakes his head. Wally meanwhile is grinding his fist into his hand. And then the Titan speaks.

“Remember when we mentioned Asher Mir earlier? Well this is the shit I hate. I hate it, I hate it so MUCH! All these gosh darned riddles and half spoken truths! Just say it! Don’t allude, JUST SAY IT! All this lip juggling and blasphemous nonsense is giving me a headache.”

“So… you want me to do? How would you like me to tell you casually all of existence?”

“What does everything you just said mean Wendell?” interjects the Hunter, who is so done with this shit.

“It means, we must embrace the darkness, but not give in to the darkness. That… we have a choice. Perhaps even more than those squishy types we protect. Even if we fail, we can come back and make a new choice. That’s why we should not fear what is to come, we just must make sure that… we don’t give in to...”

The Warlock paused for a moment.

“… words with more than one meaning. I know what I’m talking about, best I can. This is… this this is how we can do it. We can choose.”

Wally throws his arms up in a huff, and walks towards Zavalas desk. He grabs a chair by the desk, drags it to the window, and sits in his flustered boil. He sits there, and stares at the Traveler, and the moon lit sky.

“Well, isn’t he all flowers and mashed potatoes.” quips Wataru

“What?”

“It was something I read in the wild. A diary, I think.”

“Wataru, no one says that.”

“Well clearly not now. But I’m working on it! Just you wait, I’m going to get Zavala to say it someday. You’ll see!”

“In all of the para-causal visions, and everything I know of him, I can tell you out right that such a thing is statically not respectably possible.”

“Well than it’s a good thing I don’t know a darn thing about statistics! Haha hahah haha, oh… I’m so awesome.”

Wendell rolls his eyes.

“But now that you mention it it…” the Hunters voice grows (surprisingly) to a whisper “...those visions of yours explain why you dropped when you did when I said… um…”

Wataru suddenly looked very uncomfortable. Wendell surmises why.

“Its OK.”

“Europ...a?”

“You see. It’s all good. It was nothing you did directly, and nothing you could have known. You’re fine.”

“Ah! I mean, of course I am. I’m… um just… wondering if… ehhh, in this vision of yours, does all of this ‘what if’ start at Europa?”

“Well, it’s already started, but… yeah. With whatever secrets Europa holds, we must go to it.”

“Hmm. Well. Guess I better dress warm then.”

“Heh, ohhhh yea.”

“Alright.” Wally stands. He turns to his fireteam and quickly slaps Zavalas desk with his fist. *BAM*. The Newtons Cradle stops. “Alright!… I trust you Wendell. And your instincts have been pretty good in the past. I still only have a vague idea of what all this means and don’t make a mistake, I still hate every thing about this. But if killing this monster means we need to crawl into its paracausal gut and pretend to be food to slaughter its heart, than so be it. Shoot, it’s not like we haven’t done it before, right?

Wendell gives a sigh or relief. “Fantastic. Though I don’t expect there will be any crawling, more…"

“Wendell shut up.” interjects Wataru yet again, but to his surprise, the Warlock does so. Wataru continues. “So is that it? Is that the answer to my question? We are just… going to let the Pyramid ships do whatever they please unless the Vanguard or who knows whatever else prompts otherwise?

“Not exactly, you see…”

Wataru glares. The Wendell gets the hint.

“… um, basically. Yea. Sure.”

“Great! Well, lets forgo all other questions, because folks I’m done. I’m checked out! I’m so glad I joined in on the evenings excitement, cause boy, what a waste of time. This entire evening is pointless!”

“Well…”

“No! DON’T YOU DO THAT! I’m OUT! Where is that cloaking mine?" The Hunter frantically pats at his waste. "Shit, must fallen off in the fall, shit shit shit.” The Hunter falls to his knees and crawls about the room.

“I think you should know that soon you shall meet Crow!”

“Oh! Look at that it rhymes! How nice!… (Where in the blasted is it!?)… Oh, goody Warlock I’ll make sure I stay away from pies then! Oh… HA HA! FOUND IT!” -Beep- Poof!

“I’M FREE!!!!!!!”

“WAIT! I still have more to tell you!”

Wally pats Wendell on the back.

“I know, that Hunter can be so trying sometimes. That cloak is against regulation while at the tower. So what is it Wendell. What did you also see?”

“I think… I think I saw… our Destiny too.”

“For all three of us?”

“Na, just two of us, or so I recall. Seems there is a half life to the memory.”

“Ha. Goodnight Wendell.”

“Goodnight Wally.”

Wally brings out his ghost and evaporates in a sparking dust of light. And now Wendell is free. It is just him and the ambiance of the room. Wendell goes and puts Zavalas chair back where it was. He turns to the window, and looks up once again to the Traveler. He looks down to his hand and raises it up as if feeling a tall breeze and presses his fingers against the glass, only to then set it all back to rest. “You were never truly asleep were you?”

The room replies with the silence of ambiance.

“Well, in any case… I made my choice, what is yours?”

A large section of the Traveler floats by. The room replies with the silence of ambiance.

“Ghost.”

A Ghost with in an “Awakened” shell appears. It’s snoring.

“Ghost!?”

“Hmm? OH! Hello Guardian, can I help you with something?”

“You were asleep.”

“I was? No… I don’t need sleep. Why would I be asleep? Where is your Fireteam? Didn’t you have a meeting? “

“You could say that, but in any case it’s done.”

“Oh?! I have no recollection of… You… didn’t cheat me out and bring Sagira in here again did you?”

“What? No. And… you know what, it’s been a long day Ghost. We can think about this later. Lets get back to the ship. I need to prepare for...”

“For what?”

Wendell begins to evaporate in a sparking dust of light. “Home.”

Zavala's Office is now empty, it’s only audience the Traveler.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread