Partial fix (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 16, 2020, 09:19 (1256 days ago) @ breitzen
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, November 16, 2020, 09:38

I've found a partial fix is to turn down to zero the "inner dead zone" for the analog sticks in the options of the game. The delay is still there, but at least it will register movement quicker.

It's slightly better but still really noticeable. I would be liking the game so far, but the complete dog shit controls are ruining what would otherwise be an awesome experience. It's the equivalent of watching a great movie with the projection out of focus, or the sound out of sync. Sorry, but you have to hit a base level of technical competence. You don't have to have the fanciest graphics, but especially in a game with first person control, it has to be responsive to your inputs.

I may abandon and go to Obra Dinn on the Mac instead, which is a shame. If the game gets a patch, I will absolutely jump back in. Funnily enough the latest patch notes had "improves input latency on all platforms" as a point, which means it was even worse before!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread