Minor pet peeve, IIRC (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, November 23, 2020, 07:57 (1242 days ago) @ kidtsunami

The PS5 and Xbox Series X generation SHOULD be the glorious return of splitscreen. Think about it. With 4K the target, a 4 way splitscreen gives each person a 1080p image.

It's not linear like that, because there is a lot of POV-based smoke and mirrors to hit top performance, which usually breaks down when you have more than one POV running around. I still think you have a point there. I was fine with losing performance in favor of splitscreen back on the N64, I am fine with it now.

Yeah. I'm not expecting 120fps for a 4 way splitscreen, but 60 seems doable.

There was an odd bug in Borderlands 3 when I played that whenever your partner on splitscreen would open their menu with would absolutely kill the FPS. It seemed very simple, but there are little things like that you don't realize could affect the game.

Diablo 3 just has the menu take up the whole damn screen and the other 3 people need to just chill while you manage your inventory...

Yeah, that's the other problem with games that have giant inventory menus... It absolutely blows for splitscreen. Borderlands 3 was... harsh. Playable, but harsh. I can't imagine what it would be like for Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread