OLED TV burn-in is unavoidable... (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 02, 2021, 08:00 (1181 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by cheapLEY, Saturday, January 02, 2021, 08:15

You said you only found it by using a test video that’s intended to find it? So why does it matter? If you can’t see it in normal conditions, who cares? Or had it gotten worse, or you could just see it now that you know it’s there?

In any case, I’m sorry to hear it. I couldn’t afford one anyway, but they’ve never seemed worth the extra cost. I know there’s just a different valuation happening because we’re different people, but I’ve never seen an OLED that looks $1000+ better than the next best thing.

EDIT: I didn’t mean that to be as dickish as it might come across. I’m not shitting on you purchasing decisions, and I am sorry it has that problem. It’s just that I’ve been looking into OLEDs over the past couple of months. My parents want a new TV but don’t want to spend a lot of money, and the 55” TCL I currently have would be a huge upgrade for them, and it would be enough justification for me to upgrade. Other than 120 Hz sets, which I’d love to try, I haven’t seen a set yet that looks so significantly better than my TV that it would be worth spending so much extra money on.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread