OLED TV burn-in is unavoidable... (Off-Topic)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, January 02, 2021, 10:40 (1203 days ago) @ Kermit

if you view static images long enough. So says the tech who just replaced my screen. Pixel shift or pixel refresh does nothing. He's replaced thousands of them.

I posted below, but here are the details of my burn-in:

• The super bar in the lower left. (Yes, my Destiny HUD transparency is set to low.)
  • A youtube logo in the upper left. One too many nights falling asleep with youtube on.
  • A strange blob in the middle of screen. This one is inexplicable to me.

Still think OLED's picture quality is superior to anything out of the box, but the tech's advice was bracing and disappointing. He flat out recommended buying a different TV for gaming. Sigh.

I'm making this a fresh post to make sure you OLED owners will see it. Sorry for the bad news.

How long have you had your OLED Tv? Other than your instance here, the only other data I can find about Burn-in is from RTINGS Burn-in Test. It's a shame you're having the issue, but I thank you for talking about it here.

If anyone is interested, CES occurs digitally on Jan 11-14 this year. Keep an eye out on "MicroLED" TVs. As I understand it, it's comperable to OLED without the risk of Burn-in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread