Harbinger *SP* (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 25, 2021, 14:42 (1187 days ago) @ ManKitten

Place spoiler:
For me right as you first go out in the open again, with the single Taken Hobglobin and the dam in the background.

Solution spoiler:
Except for that one branch, every tree is immaterial (our Guardians clip through) and the place is littered with both common invisible and death barriers. Took me well over 10 minutes to figure out that one branch, then it was a breeze.

Where I ended up:
I watched a video where they made it to the bottom of the dam. I turned the video off after that and tried to continue blind. I made it to the very top of the dam at the spillway and kept trying to get onto the top catwalk. Those areas up there are riddled with weird barriers. Once I made it up there, I kind of stranded myself. Since I couldn't jump, I wasn't able to get back down to the bottom because it would cause me to slide down the dam and unable to jump which would lead to my splatter. And it kept spawning me at the spillway.

The areas under the "diving board" tree can be traversed without dying. I had walked nearly to the waters edge before dying. The whole cliff face between the tree and the dam are variably traversable.

So without spoiling anything, I’ll just say that when I got to that section and didn’t immediately see the path forward, I looked up a video (I personally get no enjoyment out of finding the path myself... it just isn’t what I play this game for). I probably watched about 5-10 seconds past the point where you stopped watching, and that was all I needed. That outer Dam wall is a bit of an anomaly within the mission... there really isn’t another section like it. Traversal and exploration are certainly a large part of the mission, but you don’t really run into confusing soft boundaries or kill zones the way you do outside the dam.

Besides that, once you know the way past the point you’re stuck at, you’re through it in a flash. It’s not much of an exaggeration to say that the mission doesn’t really even start until you’re a bit further than you are right now, so I think it’s fair to say that dam section really isn’t representative of the mission as a whole.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread