A heads up for a great alternative! (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 15:08 (1151 days ago) @ Pyromancy

If you have PS+ or Gamepass, you can pick up Remnant: From the Ashes for free. It's a fantastic game with a similar premise, though it's a little more... *sigh* Dark Souls than Mass Effect.
While it does work great as a 3-player co-op experience, my first playthrough was entirely solo, and I had a really great time with it.

Remnant is a pseudo-procedurally generated third-person shooter where the only RNG is really in the Bosses that you encounter (26+ in all, not counting events or Dungeons) with you only encountering a dozen or so per playthrough, unless you activate Arcade mode or Reroll your campaign), which all have a guaranteed loot drop or two that can be something as simple as a mod that lets you summon flying skulls, to a gun that shoots radioactive beehives at enemies, or an armor set that drains your health rapidly, but gives you a massive damage boost and Lifesteal.

It's pretty great, and I haven't even touched either of the two expansions that I bought for it yet:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread