What are Linear Fusion Rifles for? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 17:52 (1115 days ago)

In my quest for always having the right tool for the job, and of course a happier healthier vault, I have found myself asking why I am holding on to any Legendary Linear Fusion Rifles. With Legendary Linear Fusion Rifles being at this point exclusively Heavy slot only, what are they good for? They don't even one shot body in PvP (or they haven't in my experience). You have to head shot, but if that's the case, why not use a Sniper? What do Linear Fusion Rifles do that Snipers can't?

They don't DPS. They aren't really fast in a pinch. Since they use heavy bricks it would be a an utter waste to use it on even major adds, when I could use a rocket and at least bring some trash adds along. What are Linear Fusion Rifles good at that no other weapon type/class can do? What makes it worthy of being in any slot at all if they don't have some exotic perk with them?

Can't think of anything, but before I start sharding the stock, felt it worth an ask. And yes, I know, the moment I do this Bungie will come out next day about how they will make Linear Fusion Rifles relevant, but oh well. Perfection is a fools game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread