What are Linear Fusion Rifles for? (Destiny)

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, April 07, 2021, 08:27 (1115 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In my quest for always having the right tool for the job, and of course a happier healthier vault, I have found myself asking why I am holding on to any Legendary Linear Fusion Rifles. With Legendary Linear Fusion Rifles being at this point exclusively Heavy slot only, what are they good for? They don't even one shot body in PvP (or they haven't in my experience). You have to head shot, but if that's the case, why not use a Sniper? What do Linear Fusion Rifles do that Snipers can't?

=

Can't think of anything, but before I start sharding the stock, felt it worth an ask. And yes, I know, the moment I do this Bungie will come out next day about how they will make Linear Fusion Rifles relevant, but oh well. Perfection is a fools game.

In theory they have gnarly aim cones for PVP making headshots super easy (See Arbalest) but it's an awkward weapon.

I'd hold onto a CC/Frenzy or CC/Vorpal threaded needle, but otherwise I don't think the weapon is getting the buff unless it gets a rework.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread