My first impresstions. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 09:45 (1049 days ago) @ CougRon

From both the trailer and the extra stuff from the dedicated website.

Interesting prospect. Honestly the best thing for me about this reveal is the 6-man activity, which thus far has ALWAYS been fun more then a few times. Those trend to be a real winner, so I'm pleased about that. What I'm a touch less pleased with is this seasons exotic. Stasis on demand? On a SIDEARM? Oh... oh dear. On a Heavy this is fine, but this thing probably doesn't use heavy bricks.

To that end, on to the extra stuff shown on the site.

[image]

The two biggest things for me off the calendar is this; Raid Difficulty Options & Epilogue. First one I think explains its self, but the 2nd one, why that one? Because this is the first time they have openly declared "something happens" (and we understand what that means). Which, for me means the day to do all the "season end" stuff (like many of us shall be doing this week) should really be finished the day before to prevent conflicts with the event. Get the homework done before the fire works. To me, at least, that is very helpful. As a side note; I've been expecting some "thing" would happen at the end of this season too, but now I'm not so sure. If they have it here for next season, wouldn't they have said something about this week as well to keep with the social philosophy? ...eh... anyway...

Ok, so I spoke about the exotic weapon already (it's apparently called "Cryosthesia 77k"), and Season of the Splicer Universal Ornaments look decent enough, overshadowed by Transmog as they may be... soo... how bout this seasons armor exotics? Granted we won't know till we get hands on, much like Icefall Mantle which sounded OP on paper (until we realized the drawbacks)...

Star-Eater Scales - Allows Hunters to feast upon Orbs of Power, charging their Super more quickly and making it more potent.

[image]

Well, visual first... if anyone here voted sea monster, you'll at least be getting some of that aesthetic. Then again, I suppose it doesn't matter as these are boots and St0mp-EE5 addiction is a real thing for alot of Hunter players. The real question is... what does "potent" mean in Bungie Speak for a super? Potent like the power from Celestial Nighthawk? Potent like the super uptime you can have with Raiden Flux? One last thing, by the sound of it, it's like it's set up to play as a "exotic" charged-with-light mod.

The Path of Burning Steps - Titan armor that converts Solar eliminations into increased weapon damage and makes them more difficult to lock down with Stasis.

[image]

Like a true Titan exotic, this description seems very direct. Anything that fights back Stasis I like by default. Add Weapon damage boosts and well, this may get me to switch off of Phoenix Cradle. I'll end this with... hope that glow changes with shaders!

Boots of the Assembler - Condenses a Warlock rifts’ healing or empowering energy into projectiles that seek out their allies to bless them with noble benefits.

[image]

Right off the bat; I hope these Stack with Lumina, much like how Thorn stacks with Necrotic Grip. If so I hope this becomes a new exclusive trend with Warlock exotics as it makes so much sense per the fantasy of the class.

That said, if I read this right it sounds like this replaces rift much like how Icefall Mantle does with the Titan Wall. In my head, I see a Warlock doing a "hand gun animation" with customary sound effects and every thing to pull this off, and so if this is not what happens... I SHALL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED! ;D

Other than that, well, we'll see. Sidenote; I sure hope you're working on an exotic the does something with Void Middle Tree Bungie! (Among other things that need to be done with Void Middle Tree).

I'll end this with... Bioshock crossover? I don't see it.

That's all I have to say for now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread