Halo 1 Digital Foundry video. (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Saturday, June 05, 2021, 12:19 (1052 days ago) @ Kermit

I could be wrong on this one, but I don’t believe the season aesthetic is being handled in MCC in awful ways like in other games. When season one ended, I hadn’t gotten my original Reach armor unlocks completed yet. But I was still able to keep playing, gaining “exp” in the background, and to go back to that season and keep using my points to unlock that stuff. So I wasn’t gated off at all. Pretty sure I could go back and do that for any season. Snipe would be able to let you know if I’m wrong. I haven’t tried it on the other seasons that I’ve “missed” because I only cared about the Reach things.

I wish I realized this earlier before I applied Exp to crap I didn't really care about. I'm with you in that I care only for the Reach stuff and the black visor in particular. My Noble 6 doesn't look like himself yet.

The awesome thing is that gaining exp seems to be fairly easy, especially just playing normally and having fun. Other games that handle seasons horribly make gathering that exp a nightmare grind the longer you go and the closer you get to finishing. MCC definitely has been handling things the right way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread