At A Crossroads. (Off-Topic)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, July 15, 2021, 10:45 (977 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I had no idea it was that bad - I'm so sorry to hear this. I really, really hope this works out - I can't even imagine what you're going through right now.

I hate 'Hopes and Prayers' more than almost anything I see on social media these days - but I'm not sure what else I can send from here.

If you think of something, let me know. In the meantime, I'll be pulling for you.

That’s certainly enough — for me at least. It’s definitely been a trying situation, of course. I was filling out some forms yesterday, and there was a section that asked me to list four people who could provide caregiving services to me for up to 6 months, 24/7 round the clock. I asked mom and of course she accepted, and one of our neighbors was willing to help, but that left us without very many options. All of my family members live out of state, and all of my mothers friends are basically so old that they practically need caregivers themselves! To be truthful, I am terrified of the permanent and long-term effects this will have on me….and I’m already wracked with guilt over how much everyone else will be forced to change their lives too.

So your well-wishes keep me grounded—and I need them now more than I’ve ever needed them in my life!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread