At A Crossroads. (Off-Topic)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 22:55 (972 days ago) @ Morpheus

Jeez, that sounds worse…I honestly and genuinely don’t think I would have the will to live if I ever went blind. I know that’s a terrible thing to say, but there is far too much value in the world to lose the ability to experience it fully. I’m going to pray for you, too; hopefully you can keep the sight in your right eye and stop the infection as well.

Well… it’s gotten worse.

I was walking the other day visiting a doctor when I heard a *pop* and then couldn’t walk straight. The doctor noticed a lot of blood coming from my foot which needless to say is not good so first I went to urgent care and then they sent me to the ER. They did X-rays and that popping sound was my heel bone splitting right in two. ☹️ Now I’m sitting in the hospital while we assess what to do. It does not look good for my foot, it’s a sign my bone has become infected and it’s real hard to heal them from that. Removing my heel bone means amputation so it’s either heal it or lose it. I’m not showing outward signs of infection so right now we are exploring options and performing tests. Plus I have a severe case of thrombosis in both my legs but especially my right, doctor doesn’t think amputation is safe unless we get the swelling down a process that could take weeks.

I really really don’t want to lose my foot as I’m rather attached to it, we do everything together. So hope a solution comes together but I’m not going to lie it looks bleak.

Have no idea now when I’ll get my eye examined or dealt with.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread