THAB! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, August 01, 2021, 12:07 (996 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Kermit, Sunday, August 01, 2021, 12:16

That’s bull. Not being able to get comms working is an unfortunate reality that making games is difficult. Pushing out cross play without comms is absolutely a decision, one I disagree with, and one I think highlights the way Destiny is developed overall.

I'm sure you realize that risking this reaction was factored into their decision, too, and they made it regardless. My guess is they're very confident they have a low-risk solution in hand that just can't quite get implemented in this release schedule, and they're also factoring in the costs of not following this release schedule. Those costs we can't really know, because we don't know how they've planned their future features and resource allocation.

Destiny as a whole is an unfortunate concession. My frustration with that is why I said anything in the first place, despite not really caring about cross play.

I don't agree with your global assessment, but I certainly agree that Destiny development has had its highs and lows. I think the trend line has gone up. There are parts of the game that are better than ever, and other parts that I don't like. For instance, I really didn't like content disappearing, yet I think they last two raids have been fantastic (even though one is a retread).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread